ESI JCR Impact Factor 2013 by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters releases Journal Citation Reports every year usually by June end for the preceding year. This year its almost last week of July and there is no news of 2013 impact factors list. Actually for the year 2013, according to Thomson Reuters website these data for Journal Citation reports and Impact Factor number would be released by the end of July 2014.
This year they are starting a new parameter for evaluation of scientific contribution in terms of Essential Science Indicators known in short as ESI along with Impact Factor numbers extracted from Journal Citation Reports.
WHAT ARE THE KEY CHANGES?
Essential Science Indicators and Journal Citation Reports will be supported on unified InCites platform for assessing and evaluating research performance. The new features and capabilities would include:
• Improved data clarity with indicators based on year of publication
• New trend data views and visualizations
• Easy to save and export reports
• Drill down to access and explore the underlying data that informs
Journal Citation Reports metrics
• Easily analyze and compare journal trends over time
• New exploratory environment to promote discovery and
• Personalization options to support researcher workflow.